Lessons make learning to play piano and learning to sing easier, when you have a caring professional instructor like Ms. Mercandante Wong. She has extensive experience teaching and coaching young students and teens, in addition to her own accomplishments as an accompanist and choral ensemble member.
Ms. Talia Mercadante Wong began studying Suzuki Piano at the age of five with Marguerite Samoorian of Groton, MA. She participated in the American College of Musicians/National Guild of Piano Teachers annually at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. She was able to earn a 10 Year National Roll membership to this event with having participated for so many years as a young musician. Ms.Mercadante Wong performed her first professional Concerto with orchestra at the age of 16, sponsored by the Longy School of Music in Cambridge, MA. Also during her school years, she was annually accepted into the Junior and Senior Massachusetts District Chorus every year from Grade 7 to Grade 12. In her Sophomore and Junior years of High School, she was accepted into the highly competitive Massachusetts All-State Chorus.
Ms. Mercadante Wong attended the University of New Hampshire where she studied voice and piano, participated in Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, Opera Workshop and Renaissance Choir and performed several recitals. She began teaching piano lessons in her sophomore year and completed her student teaching internship at the Portsmouth Public Schools in New Hampshire from January until May of 2007 where she gained experience teaching all levels of choral ensembles and beginning band.
Ms. Mercadante Wong’s professional teaching career started as a Choral Director at The Bromfield School in Harvard, MA for students in grades 6-12. While there, she directed multiple choral ensembles of various age levels and took them to state competitions. She also took on several voice and piano students privately through an artist-in-residence program there. She has also worked as a Choral Director at Ashland High School where she took on similar roles and responsibilities with the high school population.
Ms. Mercadante Wong has been active as an accompanist in schools of Bromfield, Ayer Ashland, Fitchburg and Lunenburg. She has served as the musical director/vocal coach for several musicals and has served as the pit orchestra pianist for musical theater productions.
Her most recent education was completing the Master’s Program in Music Education at Gordon College in Wenham, MA. She earned her Master’s Degree in Music Education there in 2011.
She currently teaches elementary classroom music at the McKay Arts Academy in Fitchburg, MA where she leads an after school choir and an after school piano class for students in grades K-4.
Expertise: Piano, Voice
Studio location: Leominster
Call Now to Sign Up: 978-534-8989
- University of New Hampshire 2003-2007
- Major: Music Education, K-12 certification
- Instrument of concentration: Piano
- University Scholar; Cum Laude Graduate in May of 2007
- Awarded 4-year partial scholarship by UNH Music Department
- Bachelor of Music Degree in Music Education
- Gordon College Graduate School 2009-2011
- Master of Music in Music Education
MUSICAL THEATER/VOCAL COACHING AND ACCOMPANYING
- Accompanist for McKay Arts Academy Chorus 2016-present
- Accompanist for Ashland Public Schools Elementary Choir, 2015
- Accompanist for the Lunenburg High School Chorus, Gold Medal MICCA Performance, 2013
- Accompanist and Vocal Coach for Fitchburg High School production of Grease (2013)
- Accompanist and Vocal Coach for The Bromfield School in the following High School Musicals: Barnum (2008), Peter Pan (2009), The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (2011), Bye Bye Birdie (2012) Zombie Prom (2010)
- Accompanist for Harvard Community Theater Production of The Mistress Cycle (2008)